The Duke of Edinburgh, 97, voluntarily gave up his credentials on Saturday, February 9, Buckingham Palace said.
The Duke of Edinburgh, who turns 98 in June, was driving a Land Rover on January 17 near the Sandringham estate in Norfolk when he crashed into another vehicle.
The accident left the Duke's auto flipped onto its side, with a witness later telling the Press Association that he helped pull a bloodied Philip from the vehicle.
Philip's driving woes began on January 17 when his auto flipped over after he pulled out into a busy A road and collided with a Kia, carrying a nine-month old boy, his mother and another passenger.
Two days after that accident, the duke was photographed driving a replacement Range Rover without a seatbelt, which is illegal in Britain.
Prosecutors said they would consider the decision as they decide whether to charge the husband of Queen Elizabeth II over the January 17 crash.
"I would like you to know how very sorry I am for my part in the accident at the Babingley crossroads", Prince Philip stated, adding that he was "very contrite about the consequences", cited by Nytimes.com.
One lawyer had previously suggested the duke could avoid any potential prosecution for driving without due care and attention by giving up his licence.
Philip also wished Fairweather a "speedy recovery from a very distressing experience".
Norfolk Police, who were investigating the crash also released a statement confirming that Prince Philip "voluntarily surrendered his licence to officers". She told the Sunday Mirror that it was the "sensible" and "right thing to do".
The mum-of-two told the paper: "He's making the most sensible decision he can".
"The sun was shining low over the main road".
The accident, on January 17, saw the Duke pulled out of his vehicle through the sunroof after it "tumbled" across the A149 and ended on its side.
It said it would forward the licence to Britain's licencing authority, the DVLA.