The Houston Rockets Are Reportedly ‘Determined’ To Get Carmelo Anthony

Share
The Houston Rockets Are Reportedly ‘Determined’ To Get Carmelo Anthony

The Houston Rockets are now determined to sign forward Carmelo Anthony after forward Luc Mbah a Moute joined the Los Angeles Clippers on a one-year, US$4.3 million (RM17.3 million) deal on Monday, according to an ESPN report.

Yesterday, there were multiple reports stating that the Rockets had interest in signing Carmelo Anthony. Meanwhile, Capela, per MacMahon, is looking for a deal in the range of $100 million over four years, which would be similar to Oklahoma City Thunder center Steven Adams' contract. Anthony is likely to become a free agent even if he is traded, as his new team would likely waive him.

A host of contending teams reportedly are in the mix, but people around the National Basketball Association consider the Houston Rockets the favorite to land Anthony, Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer tweeted Sunday night. The Miami Heat are also reportedly interested in adding Anthony.

Mbah a Moute returns to the Clippers after playing two seasons in L.A. from 2015-17.

Mbah a Moute has been a defensive stalwart throughout his 10-year career, averaging almost a steal per game throughout his tenure in the league and eclipsing that mark three of the past four seasons. He averaged 13.9 points and 10.8 rebounds per game on a Rockets team that advanced to the Western Conference Finals in 2017-18. It was the first time in his career that he averaged less than 20 points per game in a single campaign.

Share

Advertisement

Related Posts

All 12 boys, coach brought out
The Thai Navy SEAL wrote on Facebook on Tuesday it's expecting day three's rescue operations to be longer than previous days. This means that a total of eleven boys are now out of the caves, and on their way for hospital observation via helicopter.

IHOP flips back to pancakes, drops IHOb name
But it moved conversation away from pancakes for a minute, a rebrand that Business Insider called an "incredible strategic move". Last month IHOP created a social media buzz when it (temporarily) changed its name to IHOb- International House of Burgers.

Thai cave: Last five to be brought out 'at the same time'
Narongsak Osattanakorn said the second phase began at 11 a.m. and authorities "hope to hear good news in the next few hours". Four ambulances and a convoy of other vehicles arrived at the cave site on Tuesday morning as rains hit the region.

George Clooney Hospitalized After Scary Scooter Crash In Italy: Is He OK?
The paper also tweeted a photo of his scooter abandoned by the side of the road with a Mercedes estate vehicle just feet away. He is understood to have received treatment at John Paul II hospital, but NBC News report that he has since been discharged.

Djokovic beats darkness to reach Wimbledon quarterfinals
The top-ranked player in Greece (a career high No. 35), Tsitsipas is hardly alone in studying Federer for tips. I feel physically, mentally ready, fit, positive".

Microsoft targets the iPad with its new Surface Go for $399
And while it and its fans may be celebrating the ultra-light Surface Go tonight, those fans really are looking for more to come. In that sense, the announcement of the slightly smaller Surface Go is just picking up where the Surface 3 left off.

Queen, Prince Philip skip Prince Louis' christening
Buckingham Palace said their busy week of engagements, not health problems, was the reason, according to the Press Association . The royal pair both attended Prince George's 2013 christening and Princess Charlotte's service back in 2015.

Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid colleague Modric tips ace to stay
With Ronaldo's exit all but confirmed a new attacking talisman will need to be found swiftly by club president Florentino Perez.

Serena extends Wimbledon winning run to make quarters
Evgeniya Rodina, another mother beaten by Williams yesterday, 6-2, 6-2, did the decent thing and said the American was her idol. The reprieve was only momentary for Hsieh, as Cibulkova regained her composure to break and take the first set 6-4.

Government Will Miss Deadline To Reunify Young Children With Parents
Federal officials have said somewhere "under 3,000" migrant children have been separated overall, but their numbers have varied. While parents were criminally prosecuted, children were placed in custody of the Health and Human Services Department.

© 2015 ExpressNewsline. All Rights reserved.