It seems as if Conor McGregor has finally realized he was in the wrong.
"I sincerely apologize to the Director of the Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation, Mike Mazzulli, all the officials and staff working the event, Andy Ryan and his fighter John, two stonch ones that put up a great fight every time".
What makes the entire situation mind-boggling to many in the boxing industry, is De La Hoya was one of the loudest critics of McGregor's foray into boxing earlier this year, when he fought Floyd Mayweather in the main event of a massive pay-per-view event in August.
So when the fight actually went ahead and the resulting contest was somewhat entertaining, the public breathed a sigh of relief that they could go back to enjoying the less-ridiculous spectacles both sports had to offer. I'm calling him out. "That's all I'm going to say".
De La Hoya publicly considered a comeback in June 2015, only to change his tune one week later.
Now, with us firmly back onto the straight-and-narrow as far as the fight-game is concerned (for the most part), the legendary Oscar de la Hoya, someone who was extremely vocal in his opposition of last August's "Money-Fight", revealed recently that he was, in fact, training for a showdown with McGregor - a fight that would be his first in nearly ten years, in the unlikely event that the Irishman does indeed choose to bite.
De La Hoya has also battled drug and alcohol addiction, but he said in Monday's interview that he was fine now. "I don't know what it is, but I'll tell you now that I've never felt so good before in my life".
De La Hoya was quite vocal heading into that bout, saying it was a "circus" and a "farce". Even against the wishes of the said fighters coach.
Mayweather Promotions EO Leonard Ellerbe also agreed tweeting that the Mexican-American former professional boxer is not Mayweather. "Go sit down you are not Floyd, FOH!" he wrote. You've gotta move past that. "He's making a mockery out of himself".