Atari confirms new game console in the works

Share
Atari confirms new game console in the works

But he said it is based on PC technology. Domain information was unavailable at the time, but it was assumed the Ataribox was not something Atari-built, but some kind of third-party project.

Atari has had a hard past at times, with the company filing for bankruptcy protection in 2013. That mini-retro console was a big hit despite only coming with 30 games and having wired controllers with short cables.

In a surprise move, Atari has announced that it's returning to hardware business with a brand new console.

Retro gaming has had a revival in recent years, with Nintendo launching the the NES Classic Edition complete with old games such as Super Mario Bros and The Legend of Zelda. That machine seems to be pretty much everything you could ask for from this type of console. This confirmation comes after a teaser for the Ataribox dropped last week.

Considering that they are sized down to about ten employees and that they are on the verge of bankruptcy, the once mighty Atari is perhaps about to launch a new gaming console for public use - the way they used to be. The market for consoles is stuffed.

The only physical evidence of the AtariBox's existence is a 21-second video showing the company's logo illuminated on a slick wooden panel, which is a glimpse of the iconic Atari 2600. Consider the fact that Microsoft is one of the most successful companies in the world, it spent $100 million just developing the Xbox One's controller, and it's still in third place.

Maybe Atari will blow some minds.

Share

Advertisement

Related Posts

Falling: McIlroy, Day endure nightmare rounds at US Open
Brian Harman , Tommy Fleetwood and Brooks Koepka are all two shots off the lead on a day when birdies were there for the taking. However, he then birdied 17 through to the third and parred out the remainder of his round for a 71 and two round total of 137.

Special counsel investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice
Trump is not the only one under scrutiny, Barrett said: Investigators are also looking into the finances of Trump associates. As even Comey stated last week , Trump is not a target of any investigation about Russia's alleged role in the election.

Donald Trump restores travel and economic restrictions on Cuba
The president vowed to very strictly enforce all USA laws when it comes to Cuba. Individuals will still be allowed to send money to relatives in Cuba.

Rickie Fowler leads US Open after day of highs and lows
The previous record for most sub-par rounds in the first round of the tournament was 39, set in 1990 at Medinah Country Club. Mickelson, who celebrates his 47th birthday on Friday, believes he will have more chances at that elusive U.S.

Game on: Tragedy won't stop annual baseball game
And the game will go on. "When the Sergeant at Arms arrived, rain had already canceled the game", the website says. That's Doyle in the gold number #21 Clemente shirt in a picture later referenced by House Speaker Paul Ryan .

London Tower Block Fire Rises to 17, More Feared Dead
Ms Trevisan reportedly called her mother at 3am, saying a fire had broken out in the building and they were waiting for help. In addition, 74 people were injured in the blaze, with 37 hospitalized and 17 of them still in critical condition.

Tulsa Juneteenth celebrations to span several days, venues
Friday with the laying of wreaths on the graves of several enslaved people in Woodlawn Cemetery on East Main Street in Carbondale. Through the years, Juneteenth celebrations in the country have had a strong focus on education and achievements.

Many Cuban exiles embrace Trump policy but want more
During his visit to Riyadh last month, he said he had not come to "lecture" about any country's internal policies. On the pretense of promoting liberty in Cuba, the administration is restricting Americans' right to travel.

Think Mayweather-McGregor is a freak show? How about these?
Still, the fans want this match thanks to the promotional ability of McGregor , who has been calling Mayweather out for years. Rumors and reports of a fight have been floating for nearly a year, with both fighters openly acknowledging a potential bout.

Philippines says US troops on the ground near besieged Marawi City
Duterte's statement directly contradicts that of US officials. "But they are not allowed to fight , they only provide support". USA military officials say troops are providing help with technical expertise in flying drones and P3 surveillance planes.

© 2015 ExpressNewsline. All Rights reserved.