The girl was rushed to the hospital after the homemade slime caused severe burns to her hands.
"It felt like really hot and tingly", Kathleen Quinn explained.
Kathleen Quinn is recovering from second and third-degree burns on her hands.
The girl was at a sleepover the weekend of March 18 when she woke up in agonizing pain.
"'My hands hurt, my hands hurt.' And we looked at them and they were covered in blisters", Siobhan Quinn, Kathleen's mom, said. Last month, mom blogger Carolyn West shared her daughter's experience at This Talk Ain't Cheap, explaining that her slime-obsessed child's illness, which included headaches, sore throat, and general discomfort, refused to abate - until West and her husband curbed their kid's favorite pastime: making slime. You use glue and a chemical mixture. I told her we should wait a bit. Quinn said she was happy when her daughter made a decision to do something educational.
Nintendo Announced Super Mario for Android
According to Nikkei , the former approach meant that Super Mario Run didn't meet Nintendo's lofty sales expectations. The download is still free that needs a one time in-app purchase of $10 to unlock the levels beyond worlds 1-4.
"I went and bought DeeJay all the ingredients and let her make it. 3 weeks later we are looking at plastic surgery on her hands from a burns department at Hospital".
The concerned mother is not the first to speak out about the dangers of making homemade slime. It's worth noting that other recipes for homemade "slime" call for using corn starch or liquid starch, instead of Boric acid. Doctors, however, have warned parents that Borax can be toxic if it's not safely diluted, which may have been the case with Quinn.
Siobhan said both of her daughters are avid hand washers, which is why she was surprised by the appearance of the blisters.