The investigators told News Channel 8 the child was left unattended since this morning.
Hillsborough deputies are investigating the death Tuesday (Feb. 28) of a two year old who was left locked in a auto for five hours. The child was taken to Brandon Regional Hospital where he later died.
Silva-Tello arrived for work at Best Friends for Kidz, a Christian-based childcare and learning center located in the shopping plaza, on Tuesday at around 9:30 a.m. with Jacob in the auto, according to the sheriff's office, which also noted that she went into work and left the little boy unattended in the vehicle. Deputies said Silva-Tello went inside the child care center and left Jacob unattended in the vehicle. She took him to a nearby dialysis center, in hopes they could give medical aide. First aid was administered, and Jacob was taken to a hospital, where he later died.
The Hillsborough County State Attorney's office and the county medical examiner are investigating the death of a two-year-old boy yesterday. The high temperature in the Brandon area reached the mid-80s on Tuesday.
Last BlackBerry-designed phone with physical keyboard to hit stores in April
BlackBerry KEYone runs Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box and features BlackBerry Hub, with security and encryption features. In addition, the phone can also transition automatically to a power-saving mode while it charges to speed up the process.
"We are keeping Jacobs's family in our prayers". The grief was palpable as this family is now without one of their own, 2-year-old Jacob Manchego. Detectives are now interviewing Jacob's half-sister and any other potential witnesses along with gathering any physical evidence.
The investigation into Jacob's death is ongoing, the sheriff's office said. Investigators will be reviewing prior history of the child, including all calls for service made to his home.
He further noted investigators were trying to determine whether Manchego was enrolled at the day care or why he was in the vehicle in the first place. "This certainly should be a reminder of what we need to do when transporting our children".
This is the second child in Florida to die in a hot vehicle in 2017.