A USA professor, who identifies himself only as Bernard and claims to be a clinical adjunct professor from the University of IL, discussed AJ's case in one of his medical videos on his YouTube channel.
An autopsy later revealed that he'd died suddenly from food poisoning caused by a bacteria called bacillus cereus.
As per the report, the boy AJ returned from school and warmed the spaghetti in the microwave oven to eat.
Only identified as AJ, the 20-year-old came home from school one day and made a decision to reheat pasta from a few days before.
The man's lifeless body was discovered 11 hours later by his "worried" parents who only became concerned when he didn't get up for college.
Assuming he was suffering from a common case of food poisoning, he drank water and went to bed, hoping to sleep it off. However, very recently Dr Bernard who a licenced practitioner who studies and also owns a YouTube channel where he shares weird medical cases described the whole case in form of a video and talked about how his liver failed.
"Although we can not incriminate B cereus as the direct and unique cause of death, the present case illustrates the severity of the emetic and diarrhoeal syndromes and the importance of adequate refrigeration of prepared food", he said.
The leftover pasta which the student ate was tested by the National Reference Laboratory for Food-borne Outbreaks and it was revealed that it had life-threatening toxins.
He said: "It is important to note that this is not a typical food poisoning case. But for AJ a second agent was found", Professor Bernard said in the video. Which points us to the final answer of AJ's case.
A student has died after eating leftover pasta that he had prepared for himself five days earlier.
However, the toxins from the bacteria caused his liver to go into failure, killing him as he slept.
He said: 'Many people eat pasta, or any other form of noodles, that are leftover for a day or two and they're fine.
I come from a big family so when I cook I tend to go a bit overboard with the quantity so there's nearly always extra food that can't be finished in one sitting.
He spent the next few hours vomiting and also experienced diarrhea.
His video has been viewed over a million times.
'That was kinda dumb but not really something you expect to kill you a day later, ' one person wrote.