Vijay-starrer Sarkar’s problem scenes to be cut?

Share
Vijay-starrer Sarkar’s problem scenes to be cut?

In response to the controversy, the Sarkar team has now agreed to remove the specific scene from the film with the newly edited version planned to be played in theatres from today (November 9) afternoon.

According to Shanmugam, the actor is instigating violence against the government "under the guise of the movie". Meanwhile, PMK founder S Ramadoss wondered whether director AR Murugadoss and hero Vijay should not have social responsibility when they speak about political responsibility in the movie.

While rightly conceding that there was no relationship between the state government and the Central Board of Film Certification, Raju, however, said, "But still, it has come to our attention". Soon several celebrities came out to support AR Murugadoss.

Tamil Nadu Law minister CV Shanmugam on Thursday condemned Tamil actor Vijay's recent release "Sarkar" for allegedly attempting to instigate violence in society and said that it is not less than a terrorist instigating people for violence.

The counsel also informed the judge that the objectionable portions had already been removed from the film. In that scene, he's seen throwing a mixer-grinder into a fire with the picture of the chief minister.

Sarkar, starring Vijay, was released on November 6 worldwide.

Sarkar director AR Murugadoss on Friday morning moved the Madras High Court seeking an anticipatory bail.

Share

Advertisement

Related Posts

Group calls for investigation after Texas judge releases defendants after election loss
The county's three juvenile court judges who were on the ballot on Tuesday all lost by ten or more points. State law mandates hearings every 10 days for minors with pending court cases.

Danny Welbeck injury overshadows Arsenal Europa League progress
The incident seemed to affect both sets of players for the rest of the game, with little in the way of goalscoring opportunities. But Arsenal could not take advantage as Aubameyang blasted the resulting free-kick well over the crossbar.

Police treating fatal Melbourne knife attack as a 'terrorist incident'
Chilling footage uploaded to social media shows a man attacking police with a knife moments after the vehicle exploded. Police work at the crime scene following a stabbing incident in Melbourne on November 9, 2018 .

Active shooter at Topsail High School may have been malfunctioning water heater
Our sister station WECT reports the Pender County Sheriff's Office received a call regarding an active shooter around 6:30 a.m. The school district said that parents who planned to drive their children to school should not do so.

Some California Bar Shooting Survivors Also Survived Las Vegas Massacre, Witness Says
Late Wednesday evening, 12 people were killed in the attack at Borderline Bar and Grill in California. He said he and others smashed their way out of the bar onto a balcony and then jumped down to safety.

Facebook Messenger's unsend feature is coming soon
At the time of the discovery, when editing messages already sent in a conversation, the "Unsend Message" option will appear. Conflicting message aside, it would seem like a pretty tight window, compared to the implementation by other apps.

Olivier Giroud does not need to score, says Maurizio Sarri
Sarri had to endure 90 minutes of struggle as Chelsea failed to shine in Belarus. And so for his confidence I think it's very important.

Melbourne attacker swings knife at police, 'trolley man' helps officers
Mr Hair said the assailant was dressed in Islamic clothing and of African appearance and about six foot four inches tall. If members of the public have images or video footage that may assist police with their investigation into the Bourke...

Fly Jamaica flight destined for Toronto suffers accident on landing
A spokesman for the airline said it "suffered an accident on landing", but all 118 passengers and eight crew were safe. CJIA says it has has set up a hotline - 261-2281 or 600-7022 - for family members for assistance and information.

PARADISE EVACUATED: Fast-Growing Butte County Fire Has Already Burned 5000 Acres
Honea says resources are spread thin, but officials are "doing everything we can to get people out of the affected areas". Colton Percifield, 20, said in an interview that he awoke at friend's house in Concow to find smoke outside around 7 a.m.

© 2015 ExpressNewsline. All Rights reserved.