Kevin Spacey's latest movie earns just $126 on first day

Share
Kevin Spacey's latest movie earns just $126 on first day

Billionaire Boys Club was among the last productions to feature Spacey before a slew of sexual assault allegations were made against the two-time Oscar victor as the #MeToo movement swept Hollywood.

In the wake of the scandal, the actor was sacked from the Netflix series House of Cards and Ridley Scott's All the Money In The World, where his scenes were cut and he was replaced by Christopher Plummer.

Things are not looking good for Kevin Spacey's new movie Billionaire Boys Club.

In a statement to the Wrap, the filmmakers said they were releasing the film despite the accusations against Spacey, although "this is neither an easy nor insensitive decision".

Well, it seems their prediction was wrong. The star's latest film, "Billionaire Boys Club" opened to a staggeringly low $126.

The film had previously been made available on VOD last month and only garnered a very limited theatrical release in a just handful of locations, but this is still a paltry amount even within those constrictions.

At an approx. average price of US$9 a movie ticket in the States, that means a whole 14 tickets were sold across the country. Spacey portrays real-life con artist Ron Levin in the film, which stars Ansel Elgort, Emma Roberts, and Taron Egerton.

Billionaire Boys Club, starring Kevin Spacey, made just $126 at the box office during its opening weekend.

In between those two releases, more than a dozen men have accused Spacey of groping, fondling, or sexually assaulting them or making unwanted advances, a list full of people with their own IMDB pages who say Spacey's bad behaviour goes back decades.

A number of men came forward a year ago to accuse the Oscar-winning actor of sexual harassment or sexual abuse. Jeffery Tambor, who was accused of sexual misconduct by two women, had a small role in Armando Iannucci's satire "The Death of Stalin", though his participaction was minimized in promotional aspects of the film. The film which is based on true events, holds a historically low approval rating on many review-aggregating websites, evoking memories of 2001's K-PAX.

In wake of the sexual assault allegations facing Kevin Spacey, the fate of the film was, for a while, up in the air.

The company chose to release the film as they did not think the "reprehensible allegations of one person's past" should be at the expense of the entire cast and crew.

Share

Advertisement

Related Posts

MANAFORT MAYHEM: Judge Ellis Receives DEATH THREATS, Now Traveling with US MARSHALS
While he's consistently distance himself from Manafort since his indictment, President Donald Trump on Friday expressed some... Manafort faces the prospect of spending the rest of his life in prison if convicted of the more serious charges against him.

Short jail sentence recommended for George Papadopoulos
Papadopoulos' plea agreement and plea of guilty is contained in the publicly filed court records and the transcript of Mr. To make matters worse for Papadopoulos, the prosecutors say he has not provided significant help in their investigation.

Transfer News Arsenal confident of new Ramsey deal 3 hours ago
Manchester United are said to be keen on signing Aaron Ramsey as the Welshman's contract talks with Arsenal stall ( via The Mirror ).

Weinstein accuser Asia Argento 'pays $380k to settle assault case'
As part of the deal, Bennett, now 22, agreed to give Argento the photograph and its copyright, the paper reported. Argento allegedly performed oral sex on Bennett and then they had intercourse, The Times reported.

Winona Ryder, Keanu Reeves may have actually got married on Dracula sets
When Winona gave him a little bit more information, Keanu said, " Oh my gosh, we're married ". " We said yes? " asked Reeves. The ceremony was filmed from beginning to end, Ryder said: "We shot the master and he did the whole thing".

Green MP Julie Anne Genter bikes to hospital to be induced
That prompted an attempt by Parliament to make the legislative complex more family friendly. Both she and Ms Genter attended the public Auckland City Hospital.

Valverde still amazed by Barcelona ace
Celta Vigo and Espanyol gave their new coaches a frustrating start in the Spanish league with a 1-1 draw. The free kick goal was Barcelona's 6000th La Liga goal .

Marcos Alonso explains how Chelsea blew two-goal lead against Arsenal
We did very well in the last 25 minutes today, but I think that we have to work, we have to improve in the defensive parts, and I am not talking about only the defenders.

Paul Scholes hits out at Paul Pogba after Brighton defeat
At the end of last season a 1-0 Brighton victory against United secured their Premier League status. Three minutes later Burnley got back on level terms when James Tarkowski headed home from corner.

Wallabies star Folau ruled out of second Bledisloe Test
From our understanding as long as you fully recover and don't go back when you're not fully recovered, then you're OK. The Wallabies led 6-5 at half-time and worked tenaciously to give themselves a shot at victory.

© 2015 ExpressNewsline. All Rights reserved.