A new viral internet challenge has already killed one child, and left another severely injured.
"If you're friends are telling you to do this, they aren't good friends", he said.
Kyland Clark, of Indianapolis, said that he and his friends were watching videos of the challenge last week on YouTube before he fell asleep, and that his friend had attempted the challenge as a joke, Fox 59 reported.
- YUTAONO (@OYsekaowa1D) July 28, 2018Kyland Clark Indiana teen hot water challenge gone wrong: extent of injuries.
Before the incident, Kyland and the pal looked up the social media craze on YouTube and chose to try the challenge, which involves pouring boiling hot water in tenuous circumstances. The injuries came after he and his friend looked up the "Hot Water Challenge" on YouTube, according to FOX 59. "My skin just fell off my chest, and then I looked in the mirror and I had skin falling off here and, on my face", Kyland told WXIN. He was confined in the hospital for a week as he received treatment.
The Hot Water Challenge is actually not new, as it has been circulating on video-sharing websites and social media since as early as 2013 or 2014.
They issued a warning about the "Hot Water Challenge", saying that it can cause permanent injuries or death. Her mother then called 911. "I can guarantee it", said Dr. Ed Bartkus, EMS director at Methodist Hospital.
Last August, the Inquisitr reported about how risky and deadly the challenge known as the "Hot Water Challenge" can be, and at that time there were more than 700 Instagram posts cautioning against trying it out. "Don't take it overboard". Thoughts echoed by Kyland and Andrea Clark, who say, for now, they're just glad Kyland is on the road to recovery.
The risky viral prank, which has sent a handful of children across the country to the hospital - including one death -over the past year usually consists of either drinking boiling water through a straw or pouring it on someone while they are sleeping, like what happened to Clark.