Liverpool to step up pursuit of Nabil Fekir after final

Share
Liverpool to step up pursuit of Nabil Fekir after final

Fekir has been continually linked with a move to Liverpool as Jurgen Klopp seeks to strengthen his squad to bridge the gap to Manchester City.

Liverpool might have been one of the most prolific attacking outfits in Europe this season, but there is little to no quality beyond the fearsome front trio of Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino, especially since the departure of Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona in January.

Reports earlier this week indicated that talks have been planned for Fekir.

Negotiations are to speed up from next week on an expected £60 million deal.

The Telegraph claim a breakthrough in the last 24 hours has encouraged Liverpool to such a degree the Reds believe they are the stand-out frontrunners.

Lyon had previously said only a "very, very rich" club could hope to secure Fekir's signature this summer, but their stance has now softened.

The 24-year-old's current deal expires in 2020 and Lyon have told Liverpool a bid of £60million would be enough to complete the transfer.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas recently told SFR Sport that Liverpool were yet to contact the French side about a possible move for Fekir, but ESPN FC has been told the Champions League finalists want to acquire the France worldwide in the summer transfer window.

"I know that Nabil, now that we have qualified for the Champions' League, would really like to stay, so we will discuss things calmly".

"He has magnificently earned the right to go to Russian Federation with the French national team", Aulas said.

This came after reports, originating in France, of Liverpool's interest in the versatile midfielder, with the initial suggestion being the two clubs had already agreed a £62 million fee.

"For the moment, nothing is done".

Share

Advertisement

Related Posts

Almost 70 Percent of Irish Vote to Repeal 8th Amendment
Exit polls also indicated that women voted for the repeal of the 8th of Amendment by 72% where as men supported the repeal at 65%. Boxes will be opened at the Punchestown Count Centre on Saturday morning at 9am, and a tally there is expected around lunchtime.

Donald Glover In Talks To Join Black Panther 2 Cast
Additionally, Glover made headlines with his musical talents a couple of weeks back with his latest music video "This is America". While the news from the source from Metro UK should be taken with a grain of salt, the news is still exciting nonetheless.

ESPN to broadcast 42 live UFC events starting in January
That includes 10 main cards on ESPN's television networks as well as 20 on ESPN+, which is five more than originally expected. UFC, which won a bigger payday, averaged about 2 million viewers per fight previous year , but ratings have been slipping.

Harvey Weinstein Accusers Say They Never Thought He Would Be Arrested
Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance had been under enormous public pressure to bring a criminal case against Weinstein . His lawyer Ben Brafman told reporters outside the court the disgraced mogul would enter a not guilty plea .

NFL Owners And Players Are Speaking Out Against The Anthem Ban
Baldwin took issue with the president's comments during his press conference following the Seahawks' open OTA Thursday afternoon. I understand what they're trying to protect. "To come up with a rule, I didn't think - I think it was pretty much over with".

Nasrallah: Hezbollah would surely win a war against Israel
Loyalist troops are present west of the river while the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) are on the east. There were no casualties immediately reported , but SANA reported explosions in the area.

Only one age 33 playoffs even to compare to James
James finished with 26 points, 10 rebounds, and five assists but committed six turnovers and looked exhausted at times . The Cleveland Cavaliers have played in the NBA Finals for the last three years. "I'm fine", he told the press corps.

Tesla in Autopilot mode in Utah sped up before crashing
The agreement, announced in a filing in San Jose federal court late Thursday, still has to be approved by U.S. Lommatzsch broke her foot in the crash and this week was charged with a misdemeanor traffic citation.

Mr 360 AB de Villiers announces retirement from all forms of cricket
And after the fantastic series wins against India and Australia , now feels the right time to step aside", added de Villiers. I will always be grateful to the coaches and staff of Cricket South Africa for their support through all these years.

Trump administration reaches deal to lift ZTE ban
US -traded shares of NXP Semiconductors NV rose 4.7 percent after the announcement, as signs of better U.S. This has led to showdowns with Japan, Turkey, Mexico, Canada and members of the European Union.

© 2015 ExpressNewsline. All Rights reserved.