Celebrity chef Mario Batali under criminal investigation, NY police say

Share
Celebrity chef Mario Batali under criminal investigation, NY police say

Batali has hit back in a statement, saying: 'I vehemently deny the allegation that I sexually assaulted this woman. Some of his accusers and witnesses opened up to "60 Minutes" correspondent Anderson Cooper about what they say he did.

"He crossed a line".

The woman alleged that Batali drugged and sexually assaulted her while she was unconscious, waking up to find apparent semen on her skirt. "And this is - part of the messy, scary part for me, there is a part where it - it all disappears", said the woman, who asked CBS to remain anonymous because she was looking for work in the restaurant industry.

PREVIOUS: At the end of a year ago, chef and TV personality Mario Batali stepped out of the spotlight and from his businesses after nine women came forward with sexual misconduct accusations against him. "The first thing I think is, 'I've been drugged.' That was the first thing I thought is, 'I've been-I've been assaulted'".

It's not now known where in the restaurant the sexual assault took place.

"I woke up by myself, on the floor - I don't know where I am - of an empty room, wooden floor", she explained.

"They tried getting me to file a report".

"We called him the Red Menace", she added. They tried, they tried.

Jamie Seet, who was a manager at The Spotted Pig, told CBS that she once complained to Friedman about Batali, but nothing came of it. "My only focus is finding a personal path forward - a path where I can continue in my charitable endeavors - helping the underprivileged and those in need".

"I came in with this idea that I knew this particular goat cheese, because I had read it somewhere in a book - 't-o-m-m-e, ' which is tomme", he said.

The victim went to police in March though the assault happened in 2004, according to sources with knowledge of the complaint.

Celebrity chef Mario Batali is at the center of a police investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct.

Batali, who also referred to statements he gave Eater and the Times in December, was reportedly "eyeing a second act" as recently as April. In her report, the woman claims she was drinking at Batali's restaurant Babbo when she went upstairs to use the bathroom.

A statement from B&B Hospitality Group, whose flagship restaurant is Babbo Ristorante e Enoteca, said they were not aware of the specific allegations on "60 Minutes" until the segment aired.

After sexual misconduct allegations against Mario Batali emerged Sunday night on "60 Minutes", Eataly confirmed Monday that Batali has had no direct involvement with the Italian market and food hall since December 2017 and that the company is in the process of a full separation from the chef.

"Mr. Batali, who has never been known for his patience, is asking that question-actively exploring when or whether he should begin his comeback", the story reads.

Share

Advertisement

Related Posts

US vows 'unprecedented pressure' on Iran
European multinational companies have already signaled that they intend to comply with reimposed American sanctions. Pompeo is laying out an onerous list of 12 " basic requirements " demands on Iran that he says should be included.

Justice is served as new Judge Dredd figure preorders are now open
Despite the hefty price tag of $799.99, there is a 15% discount available for customers who pay in full or opt into a payment plan.

Trump to deny funds to clinics that refer clients for abortion
Abortion foes have been extraordinarily successful at the state level in recent years at limiting access to abortion. Skinner said about 45,000 people a year go to Planned Parenthood of Southern New England for medical services.

Royal wedding: Why did George and Charlotte suddenly go missing during ceremony?
The bridesmaids and page boys were announced through an official statement issued by Kensington Palace earlier this week. Their pants were made of blue/black wool barathea with three-quarter scarlet stripes fastened with a leather strap.

Preakness Stakes' future, like Saturday's race, foggy
Justify is the heavy favorite heading into the 143rd running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore. He admitted his horse grew tired by the battle with Good Magic . "I'm so happy that we got it done.

The Greater Meaning of Meghan Markle's Powerful Walk Down the Aisle
She looked stunning as she appeared in the floor-length gown with Prince Harry before they traveled by auto to the private event. She also wore a Queen Mary Diamond Bandeau tiara on loan from Queen Elizabeth .

U.S. hits 4 Venezuelans, 3 Florida-based companies with fresh sanctions
But Friday marked the first time that Washington publicly linked Maduro to the drug trade. What Happened: The United States sanctioned four Venezuelans and three entities, the U.S.

Tom Brady not present for start of Patriots' voluntary OTAs
Brady is a tone-setting leader, but that leadership has limited impact when he isn't in the building. OTAs are Offseason Team Activities, where the team begins getting in shape for the upcoming season.

Gary Anderson Claimed His First Coral UK Open Title
A Few Information About Gary Anderson Gary Anderson is a professional darts player who was born in 1970 in Musselburgh. He’s 24 years younger than Gary Anderson, so we can agree that the experience made the difference in this case.

Winners of Max Polyakov’s initiative Vernadsky Challenge hit the top of CES 2018
The engineering startup competition provides its participants with reviews from industry expert, as well as customer feedback. The organizers are interested in a wide range of fields from space technology and robotics to military and medical equipment.

© 2015 ExpressNewsline. All Rights reserved.