South African Football Association president Danny Jordaan has promised Morocco "unqualified support" in its drive to host the 2026 World Cup in a contest against a combined North American bid.
The FIFA Evaluation Task Force recently concluded an inspection of the United 2026 bid, where they visited Mexico City, Atlanta, Toronto, New York and New Jersey.
The task force will use a point-scoring system to evaluate the two candidates and a bid which does not meet a minimum score on a number of different points will be disqualified before the final vote in Russian Federation.
Morocco is the only nation standing alone against a joint US-Mexico-Canada bid to host the 2026 World Cup.
"Morocco is providing... an advanced and streamlined notion to ensure operational efficiency, outstanding profitability and a durable legacy in Morocco and Africa", mentioned Moulay Hafid Elalamy, president of the bidding committee, in the statement. South Africa hosted in 2010, after beating Morocco and Egypt in a vote.
The country had been next towards the U.S.to get 1994, behind France to get 1998 and only lost outside to South Africa to its 2010 finals, that the single time that the big event was held in Africa. "They will be spending a week in South Africa".
South Africa Football Association (SAFA) president Danny Jordaan said that Morocco's bid was Africa's bid.
"The (Arab) summit has unanimously affirmed its support for Morocco's bid to organize the 2026 World Cup tournament and called upon all Arab States to provide full and unfailing support for this candidacy", Bourita told the media at the end of the Arab Summit.
A decision on the 2026 hosts is due to be made on June 13 at the FIFA Congress, the day before the World Cup begins in Russian Federation.