Citrus Heights police received a 911 call Wednesday from a man stating he was stuck in the chimney of the business.
Berube slid down the chimney in an attempt to gain entry into the business; however, Berube was unsuccessful and became lodged, and unable to exit the chimney.
Berube couldn't get himself out of the chimney, but was able to move around enough to call 911 for help.
Officers and members of the Sacramento Metropolitan Fire Department arrived and found Berube inside the chimney.
Trapped in the chimney, Berube was lacking options for a clean getaway.
A photo shared by police shows Berube crammed into the soot-covered flue.
Fire officials had to use specialized equipment and successfully freed Berube without injury. He was physically uninjured.
Berube was arrested on suspicion of burglary and bailed out on Saturday, court records show.